Sunday, March 22, 2015

ACEN Cosplay Reveal -- Week 2

I asked my peeps on Facebook if I should do a cosplay reveal for Anime Central, like how Super Smash Bros. did one for their characters. Unfortunately, with my mouse broken, I can't post fancy schmancy photos, so we'll have to make due with what we got. Don't like? Deal. Now on with the show!


Captain Marvelous makes it showy

Captain of the Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

For those who don't know, who exactly is Captain Marvelous? Spoilers will be included. You have been warned:

Captain Marvelous is a survivor - one of few - who lost his home planet to the Zangyack Empire, an evil space empire. He was saved by AkaRed, the embodiment of all Red Rangers in the Super Sentai series. Marvelous traveled with AkaRed and another wandering vagrant, Basco, to search for the all-powerful Ranger Keys. These items, when used, can give its user the power of the legendary Super Sentai (or Power Rangers for the American fans). Long story short, all the keys were collected, and Basco betrays the team to the Zangyack. Marvelous is entrusted with the keys while AkaRed sacrifices his life to save him.

From that day on, Marvelous traveled the universe in the Gokai Galleon with his robotic parrot companion, Navi. Eventually, he came across the rest of his crew: Gokai Blue Joe Gibken, Gokai Yellow Luka Millfy, Gokai Green Dr. Don Dogoier, and Gokai Pink Ahim de Famille, all survivors of Zangyack attacks. Together, they form the Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, the 35th in the line. Their mission... hunt for the Greatest Treasure in the Universe.

Wait a minute. These guys are suppose to be a sentai. The righteous heroes. Well, too bad. These guys don't give a crap about all that do-gooder stuff. Their search takes this team to Earth where they believe it is. Unfortunately, the Zangyack Empire has made its way to the same planet to conquer it. So, yeah, the Gokaiger are fighting these guys while searching for the treasure.

What makes these guys so cool if they're a group of dicks? Okay, they aren't that bad. In fact, these guys do have a hidden good side about them. That's not what makes them awesome. They are a pirate themed ranger team, this is true. Their main ability lies within the Ranger Keys. Like I said before, when they're used these guys can become the past rangers from Goranger (1975) to Goseiger (2010) and use their powers. Gokaiger ranged from 51 episodes, had 6 movie appearances, and 1 DVD special. Sentai veterans showed up in some episodes to help them in some way learn more about the planet and why it's so important to save.

Now then, the big point. What do I look like dressed as Marvelous?

Anime Central 2014 - photo taken by Mary Jo Chrabasz
What could be done to make this better? Well, for one, take the damn glasses off! Urgh, I can't believe I left them on during the photo shoot. I expect to take a better photo next time. And believe me, there will be a next time. The wig is a hit or miss. I use a Sasuke Uchiha wig, but wear it backward to get that fluff look Marvelous has. If I were to wear it normally, I'd get a Jareth thing going on from Labyrinth.

What can you look forward to if you see me as Marvelous? I have the Mobirates (the transformation cellphone), the Gokai Sabre and Gun, and a custom made treasure box filled with Ranger Keys:
  • Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger - Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Pink, Silver, and Christmas
  • Tensou Sentai Goseiger - Red, Blue, Yellow, Black, and Pink
  • Samurai Sentai Shinkenger - Red
  • Engine Sentai Go-Onger - Red
  • Mahou Sentai Magiranger - Gold
  • Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger - Green
  • Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger - Red, Blue, Yellow, Black, Killer/White, and Pink/Pig
  • Kagaku Sentai Dynaman - Red, Black, Blue, Yellow, and Pink
  • Kamen Rider OOO - TaToBa, TaJaDol, SaGohZo, GataKiriBa, LaToraTar, ShaUTa, and PuToTyra
I have plans to acquire special Ranger Keys, but I have to get a hold of someone who can do decent paint jobs. I will drop a hint:
I do not own this image; I will eventually own this key

I will allow people to pose with the props, just be sure not to run off with them. I will find you and I will hurt you.

This concludes this week's Cosplay Reveal. Tune in next Saturday at any given time where I will display the next cosplay. Your hint? Does the title "Slashing Brave" ring a bell? Or perhaps the Zangeki no Yuusha? Just dance for a week. Perhaps you, too, will hear the Earth's melody like this guy did.

No comments:

Post a Comment