Saturday, April 18, 2015

ACEN Cosplay Reveal - Week 4

I asked my peeps on Facebook if I should do a cosplay reveal for Anime Central, like how Super Smash Bros. did one for their characters. Unfortunately, with my mouse broken, I can't post fancy schmancy photos, so we'll have to make due with what we got. Don't like? Deal. Now on with the show!

Stardust rides into the cosmos!
 
Stardust is here for the Cosmic Key.

A WWE Cosplay? Who'd thought? I didn't think I'd ever do this one in the history of ever. I've had a few people asking me to participate in the yearly WWE photo shoot, but I always say no because I didn't think I'd be good enough. Anywho, I stumbled upon a costume someone in the Chicago area made using gold paint and a black zentai suit. Cost me a pretty penny to get it (and upon retrospect, maybe I shouldn't have bought it). The glove I ordered from WWE's shop site, which took forever to get.

Now, who is Stardust? Simple. He's the alter ego of Cody Rhodes, former WWE Intercontinental and Tag Team Champion, and younger brother of legend Goldust. Back in June 2014, Cody split from Goldust while saying he'll get him a better tag partner. Lo and behold, Cody steps up to the plate in face paint and a body suit like his older brother, calling himself Stardust. I know a lot of people weren't really behind his character change - I thought it was brilliant. My friend and I joked around all the time wondering when Cody was going to assume the "dust" mantle. 'Course, we jokingly called him "Sweet Sapphire Dust" if he ever did it (a blue variant). This character was something I'm sure me, my sister, and friend would have made up during our e-fed days.

Finally, here's the big question: how do I look in this? Warning: these photos are a WIP.
Back shot; photos courtesy of Eric Patrick
 
Aren't those just dazzling?


*gasp* Could it be?

Who does your hair, queer? Oh wait...

Close-up

Ooh~! It's a kitty. A curious kitty.
Does the kitty want to help find the key?
What can I do better? Simple: DRAW THE F'N STAR ON MY FACE BEFORE APPLYING THE MAKE-UP! Idiot! Also, dye my hair back to brown.
---
I know in the last reveal I promised Japan's Little Sea Otter, but I have no photos. Also, since I learned the Free photo shoot is on the same day as the WWE one, I will not be participating. Sorry, folks. I will try to get some photos - and there will be fan service.



No comments:

Post a Comment